Take Advantage of the Many Health Benefits of Infrared Sauna
The Altman Wellness Center offers patients the opportunity to benefit from the science of infrared heat with a private infrared sauna.
As opposed to high-humidity, high-temperature saunas, the infrared sauna at Altman Wellness Center utilizes a dry environment and relatively lower temperatures (120°-150° F). This increases patient tolerance for longer, deeper heating of tissues; promotes profuse perspiration; and provides beneficial metabolic, circulatory, immunological, and dermatological effects. Each session is 30 minutes long.
Enhance circulation and nutrient/oxygen supply in deep and superficial tissues – Heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate increase, while diastolic blood pressure drops, thus boosting overall cardiovascular fitness.
- Enhance detoxification, remove wastes – Daily sweating can help detoxify your body as it rids itself of an accumulation of highly toxic heavy metals (lead, mercury, nickel, and cadmium) as well as alcohol, nicotine, sulfuric acid, and other organic and inorganic compounds.
- Eliminate carcinogenic toxins and produce an anti-cancer effect
- Boost the immune system – The deep heat raises your body temperature, inducing an artificial fever. Fever is the body’s natural mechanism to strengthen and accelerate the immune response.
- Reduce pain and joint stiffness – Radiant heat therapy has been proven effective in the treatment of sprains, neuralgia, arthritis, bursitis, muscle spasms, joint stiffness, and many other musculoskeletal ailments.
- Promote deep cleansing of skin pores, enhance skin nourishment, improve skin conditions – You will see improved tone, elasticity, texture, and fresh color. Increased blood circulation has also been shown to relieve acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, lesions, and cuts.
- Induce muscle relaxation, reduce stress and fatigue – Muscles relax most readily when tissues are warm, promoting greater flexibility and range of motion. Stiffness, aches, and soreness are reduced or eliminated.
- Accelerate breakdown of cellulite/fat, burn calories – According to The Journal of the American Medical Association, in a single sauna session you may burn as many calories as you would rowing or jogging for 30 minutes (at least 700 calories).
- Accelerate healing from wounds, injuries, and surgeries, thus reducing scarring
- Reduce physiological and mental/emotional stress
- Maximize muscle performance and minimizes exercise-related injury (warms muscles)
- Improve digestion
- Promote softening and elasticity of scars (internal or external) and keloids
Please bring three towels for your sauna treatment (for the sauna seat, sauna floor, and to cover up). Towels are available for rent for $1 per towel.
Purified drinking water is provided. To restore minerals lost during sweating and detoxification, we recommend an electrolyte mix with magnesium, such as Endura (available at Altman Wellness Center).
Price: per session $65 | 10 sessions $550